The running weekends see you running a marathon, half marathon or a shorter distance over two days. A great way to kick up your training kms; or boost your motivation and increase fitness levels.
More importantly these weekends are for you to enjoy running and have some fun in a stunning running environment with great running buddies.
- Friday lunchtime – Transfer to Hawthorn Lodge from Hobart Airport, Hobart or MONA
- First run Friday early evening to Marriott Falls
- Carb Loading Dinner and Welcome Drinks
- Saturday Morning – Scenic run along the waterfront, over the Tasman Bridge and finish at Salamanca Market
- After Run – Breakfast of your choice at Salamanca Markets and time to browse or shop
- Drive to New Norfolk and a short scenic run along the Derwent River
- Lunch at the Bush Inn the oldest licensed pub in Australia
- Afternoon time to relax at Hawthorn Lodge enjoying the gardens or stroll around Bushy Park and the hop fields
- Dinner at Gretna Pub, a very small friendly country pub
- Sunday morning run in Mt Field National Park
- BBQ breakfast at Mt Field
- Back to Hawthorn Lodge by 10.30am
- Transfer to Hobart or Hobart Airport or MONA ( from MONA you can take a ferry to Hobart or bus to airport)
Note: It is possible for us to pick up and drop at MONA. To reach MONA there is a bus in the morning from Hobart Airport. Likewise there is a bus at the end of the day from MONA to the airport. From Hobart there is the regular MONA ferry service.
- All transfers from and to Hobart Airport or Hobart and to and from each run
- Accommodation for Two nights at Hawthorn Lodge- Doubles or Triple share
- All meals except- breakfast in Hobart Saturday morning and Saturday Dinner
- All pre run and post run- drinks, fruit and snacks
Book your weekend
Please contact Marie to book. We do minimum numbers for each weekend and so excellent if you can form your own group. If not we will aim to form a group.
Lazy Runner was established in Noosa by Marie Bean in 2005. Over the years Lazy Runner clubs have been set up across Australia and Singapore.
Marie as well as managing the Lazy Runner Clubs, talks on running around the world and in 2015 had a very successful public speaking tour in the USA.
As a writer, Marie has written the best selling book “Lazy Runner” and “Lazy Loser”. Marie is a regular contributor to magazines, newspapers and radio.
Marie coaches runners worldwide both online and in person. Her popular workshops have recently been held in Los Angeles and London.
The Lazy Runner weekends in Tasmania have been set up to offer running retreats in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Marie is leading each running weekend and will be sharing her passion for running and encouraging everyone.